Wednesday, September 27, 2006

 

1st Chemo Party is History....and was O.K.!

After 8 1/2 hours at the "Infussion Room" at our Oconologist clinin (Med.Cities), we are home and I feel mostly good. The "IR" consisted of cubicles with large reclineing chairs and a small TV. They pluged in a "Drip" system for four of the medications. The medications actually went through a pump that fed a precribed quanity of medication into my veins...rather than "free falling" through the tube.
The nurse gave me the other two with a hand opeterated devise with big needle.

Dr. Kerr came by and vistied. He said he was glad that my nose was not "twitching". He said that because he had told me earlier that I may have a "reaction" to this one medication. Parts of the medication are from mouse that results in a "reaction" during the session that requires some offsetting medication. When he told me that, I asked him, "will I be waving my tail?" He said "no, but my nose might twitch". The good news...no tail wagging or nose twitching. My Chemo Parties are now scheduled for every three weeks. That can change based on blood test results.

The highlights of the day visiting with a number of other patients in the waiting room and infusion room. Later, I told my nurse, that I was impressed with all that I met. She, a five year veteran in the clinic, said that their patients are "different". They all have reorganized their priories in life and one high priority is "niceness". I can appreciate that.

We now go in everyday for a "shot"; once per week for blood test and visit with Dr Kerr. The next 48-72 hours is a period that people react in different ways. Hopefully, I will be one that has a mild reaction. Regards!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?