Saturday, September 16, 2006

 
Saturday
Two new starts today! We both started Web Site Design 101 at Brookhaven College....and loved it! Great teacher and a fun class of young and mature, 15%. Hopefully, we can help these kids get adjusted to using the computer, ha ha!
And, Number 2, I am starting on a major clensing project. No, I didn't agree to sweep the floors. As you may recall I was certififed "Full of It" two weeks ago.....and I haven't lost much weight even though I been through two "biggies" prescribed by my docs. Now I turned to
the www.DrNatura.com program I accidently came across on the internet. Joyce and I feel that my lymph problems could be related so we will take the pills, powder, and tea we received yesterday. No results yet! Hopefully, I can send them a nice testimony about my results.

Yesterday was tough for me; I started out feeling bad and went downhill all day. I normally would have stayed in bed....but I stayed in my Archey Bunker chair doing a Blog site for our Lake Whitney friends that are very involved in no-tax support library. I think they can use their Blog to help their library and neighborhoods. I say "hoods" because there is a lot of wide open country downthere with a patch of people here, there...and over yonder. Check out their new Blog at http://lplibrary-dam.blogspot.com. Yes....YES...I know that the BLOG was not designed to be a "solve-all" webb site...but it's zero cost and hopefully will be working soon! And that's why hay-wire and duct tape was invented.

We are enjoying our beautiful 5-month neighbor. We keep her when her mom needs us to.
I got creative a day or so ago......and did my 2nd book: Hope You Enjoy:

Hi….sweet Scarlett……

When I see you sleeping so peacefully…..
I have this unique feeling…I feel like a Better Person!

When you wake up and look at me……
I think…..Wow….I feel great when I am with you!

When you give me your million dollar smile…..
A calming, warm feeling comes over me….
And I know I am a better person because I am with you.

When you stretch your arms and legs as for out as you can….
I think….How About that ….You are into isometrics exercising.
And I think…I have to get more exercise…and I am starting today.
I am a better person when I am with you!

When I watch you try to move on the bed…stretching…reaching.
I think she is going “for it”….and she knows one day…soon she will!
And I think…I too can “go for” whatever I want too….
I am a better person when I am with you!

When you start squirming and softly cooing….
I look into your eyes and ask “What does beautiful Scarlett want?”
I try the pacifier…and you grab it enthusiastically …and your eyes say “thank you”.
I think….wow…I did good!
I am a better person when I am with you!

When you look directly into my eyes, I know that you have only me in your thoughts.
And I think….that is powerful…knowing you are thinking only of me. I also remind myself that I need to do the same when I am talking with anyone.
I am a better person when I am with you!

When I look at your beautiful complexion, I think…she is healthy…she has been eating the right things.
I think….why don’t I pay more attention to my diet?.
I am a better person when I am with you!

Scarlett…I could go on….and on…and on about
Why I am a better person when I am with you!

Thank you Scarlett…..Thank you Scarlett!

My next goal is to add some pictures to this blog....but I haven't tried that yet....and I need a nap! Love you All!


Comments:
Excellent. We can all learn from Scarlett and from any and every child that we come into contact!! Way to go!! Keep it coming!!!
 
It seems that Scarlett is a very precocious child and a terrific teacher. HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR CHILD TODAY?
 
It's nice that you have Scarlett around to keep you observing how fun life can be and keeping it simple and seeing how little it takes to see a delight in a child's response to you.
 
One other Scarlett story. Jerry and I were caring for her one night. Amy (friend of Eileen's. Amy is working on masters or doctorate at SMU....Scarlett adores her) came to pick her up and she's just laughing and making over baby. Scarlett is sitting in my lap in Jerry's Archie Bunker chair. I told Amy that she might want to take all the baby paraphenalia to Eileen's before she takes Scarlett. When Amy walked out, Scarlett looked at me with a puzzled, questioning look. I said, Amy is taking all your stuff home and will be back to pick you
up shortly. It's like she knew what I said because she was all happy and contented again. Amy was back and picked her up.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?