Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 
Sobering.........Sobering.......Sobering
is how I felt when Amy, the Oncologist's assistant, explained in detail our upcoming Chemo program. For 45 minutes she explained in detail the coordinated, complex program of attacking my problem cells with six different medications; four with "flow" method: two, forced feed by nurse. And the many different side effects that can be expected.....and the fact that they will be prescribing a number of medicines to off-set the side effects. Then she gave us 18 pages of written info to answer any quetions that arise. I would give her an A+ on her briefing/teaching prerformance. Many times...I felt like a "fly on the wall" observing...and then I would think, Hey Bud, she is talking to and about your future activities. Unfortunaltely, I couldnt't jusy fly away! Each of these parties will be all day events....I can do most things that I might want to do from my bed....except have sex.

Also did a 40 minute heart test that they will use to determine how much they can kick me around. Still have one more test to determine how many parties there is going to be! The old baked potatoe on neck is still there...and I ready to get started....to have that old thing shrink off into the sunset! Regards Everyone!

Comments:
I had a hard time clicking on the comment bar. I kept trying and it came up.
Jerry and I realize that we will have good times and other times we shall have to work at it to keep a good attitude. We know we can do it. We know the good attitude and activity is key in any healing process.
Ater the one hour session with Amy, I said to Jerry, that doesn't seem so bad. Jerry said, Yeah but they're not doing it to you. You're just like Dr Ron Kerr when he was doing the bone marrow specimen and he said, I can guarantee that this procedure will not hurt me. He and Amy both have a great sense of humor and caring.
 
This is a great blog and I really look forward with checking for updates on it everyday. It sounds like you have a good team of people there at Medical Cities.

Keep up the awesome Blog it is very enjoyable!

And... I am very proud of you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?