Sunday, October 29, 2006

 

Some Good.....Some Not So Good.

I was really getting convinced that I was going to ride through these Chemo Party experiences without having any downside but the past two days have been on the rough side. I have met a number of Chemo Patients at the hospital that said they had a hard time after #3 or #5 etc. I now know that I am normal....not that I want to be this normal.

My mouth became contaminated several days ago even thouht I was washing it out with a mixture of baking sodda and salt as prescribed. Yesterday, I sent Joyce to the drugstore to get something for a extremely sensitive tongue. The only thing I had that felt O.K. was a milk shake. While there, she phoned my doctor's answering service. The on call doctor phoned me at home immediately. We had a nice visit and he explaned that I was sas simply 'normal' under the circumstances. I gave him our pharmacist's phone number and he phoned in a prescription. Joyce came home with a bottle of red stuff entitled CP:Mircle Mouth Wash by ALBE. WOW it is powerful! After swishing my mouth with two teaspoons, I feel like I have been to the dentist that deadened my upper and lowers. It last for about 20-30 minutes!
The good news is that I enjoyed chicken fried steak for breakfast this morning and didn't think about my toungue one time. Unfortunately, I still feel like crap...or normal under the Chemo Party expectations.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?