Wednesday, February 11, 2009

 

Twenty Four Months

Wow....it's been twenty four months since I completed all my chemo-parties and I feel great! Every three months I go in for blood test and a visit with my doctor! He asks a few questions, checks me over closely, and tells me to come back in three months! Each year I have a CT that photos by body after I have consummed a quart of liquids that show up on the photos....if any sign of my old problem (cancer) show up. So for....I am clean...clear and that's great. Dr. Kerr reports that since I have been 24 months and am still "clear", I probably will be "clear" forever! And there's no downside to that!

Unfortunately, this has been an expensive experience with the many visits, bloodtest chemo parties, CTs, etc.; fortunately, Medicare plus my Plan F medicare supplement paid for all of them! Thank you...Thank You! My Plan F supplement cost a little extra as compared to all the other medicare supplements available; however, Plan F pays 100% of required payments not made by Medicare! If my supplement had paid less than 100%, the cost would have been painful plus the time, pain, etc. of going through the invoices, making payments, etc would have substantial.


At my last Chemo Party, I weighed 230 pounds (height 6'3"); today, 210 pounds! I feel great and am appreciative of Dr. Kerr and his team for helping me with this unique opportunity. I am especially appreciative of my soul mate, Joyce, who was there everyday for me on this special journey. Love you babe!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?